History of Goodman Millwork

Goodman Lumber Company was established in Salisbury, North Carolina, in 1907 by brothers E. A. and L. G. Goodman as suppliers of quality building materials and millwork to Piedmont North Carolina.

For nearly 100 years and four generations, architects, designers, and contractors have relied on Goodman Lumber Company to bring to reality the most formidable design tasks.  With their fathers' guidance, Harold, Lloyd, Myron, Ree, L. G. Jr., and sons-in-law, Don Bowden, Don Nussman and Roy David Beaver built on the high standards that he had established.

Our reputation for professionalism, our standard of excellence, competitive pricing and on-time delivery have earned the respect of the most demanding clients in North Carolina and, indeed, the nation.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

The Goodman Millwork facility in Salisbury still features a 1920's Hardie/Tynes steam engine that originally powered the plant until 1970.